If you love banana bread and chocolate, then you will love these Chocolate Banana Muffins! They are sure to become a favorite at your house, just like they have become a favorite at ours! We always have bananas that are ripe and ready for making banana bread, but when we want an extra treat we make these. They are made with brown sugar and have just the right amount of sweetness! My sweet 4 year old daughter loves to help me make them, and we like to make some to keep and some to give away to family and friends, which means we usually make two batches! These Chocolate Banana Muffins are certain to brighten anybody’s day! The dark chocolate chips are definitely my favorite part of this recipe, as they are a sweet surprise that are melt in your mouth good! Who doesn’t like chocolate chips! The sprinkled powdered sugar adds just the perfect touch and a little extra sweetness!
This recipe really is quick and easy, and you don’t even need an electric mixer! All you need is a fork to mash the ripe bananas and a large spoon to mix everything together. If you bake often, you will find that you will already have most of the ingredients for this recipe already in your pantry. You will need two bowls, one to mash the bananas in and one for the dry ingredients. You will have this recipe done in no time, and you will come back to it time and time again, just like we do! I haven’t added nuts to mine yet, but you could certainly add a half cup of any chopped nut. Here’s the recipe! Let us know how you like these muffins, and I hope they bring a sweet spot to your day!
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg Beaten
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place paper liners in muffin tins or spray muffin tin with vegetable oil.
- Mash bananas up with a fork until smooth.
- Add melted butter, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract to mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl mix the four, cocoa powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Once incorporated, add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins. Fill each tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool. Remove from muffin tins and Enjoy!