Everyone loves a cupcake! These yummy Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Icing are no exception. It’s an incredibly easy and tasty vanilla cupcake recipe with an equally delicious vanilla buttercream icing recipe. You will have cupcakes made for a crowd in no time. You do have to allow time for the cupcakes to cool before putting the icing on, so be sure to allow the time needed for cooling before icing.
These vanilla cupcakes are perfect for any occasion. They are great for any holiday. Right now, Valentine’s Day comes to mind, but these could certainly be made for any holiday. I made the vanilla buttercream icing without any food coloring, so the icing is a cream color. If you wanted to have colored icing, you could certainly add a few drops of food coloring to the icing. Red icing would be great for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Green icing would be super fun for St. Patrick’s Day. Of course, orange icing would be perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving. You can also put any type of sprinkles on top of the icing for a fun decoration.
I decided to just make these delicious cupcakes and photograph them for this recipe post without any colored icing or fancy sprinkles to show you how simple and lovely these cupcakes are just by themselves.
Here is a photo of the cupcakes fresh out of the oven while cooling on a rack. While the cupcakes are cooling, this is a perfect time to make the easy and delicious vanilla buttercream icing. Making icing really isn’t as daunting as you may think it is. It’s really super easy and so incredibly tasty! Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, you can put the yummy icing on.
For this recipe I opted to spread the icing on the cupcakes with a knife. It’s super easy to put icing on with a butter knife and you don’t need any special supplies to do it. Icing cupcakes is always a fun family activity with kids and adults of all ages.
Here they are, frosted and ready to eat just like this or ready for some decorative sprinkles! I hope you will find an occasion to make these delicious and easy to make vanilla cupcakes. As always, we love to know when you make one of our recipes, so please let us know how you love making this tasty cupcake treat!
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- For the Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Place individual cupcake liners in cupcake baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add 2 eggs and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Sift flour then whisk in baking powder and salt.
- Add small amounts of the dry mixture into the wet mixture slowly until the all of the dry mixture has been added.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Pour cupcake batter into individual cupcake holders about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375°
- **For the Vanilla Buttercream Icing**
- Beat butter in electric mixer until soft.
- Sift in the powdered sugar until mixed well with the butter.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix well.
The Freshman Cook says
The Sisters says